In a recent poll of "Christians", the top 10 reasons were identified as the reason they don't attend worship regularly. This was not a poll from inside the Lord's Church, so the results are from the worldly view of Christianity. But, I suspect, if we interviewed only those inside the church of Christ, we would find a few of the answers would be the same.
1. The music isn't their style
2. They aren't the target demographic
(ie, the services don't fit their age group)
3. The service times are inconvenient
4. They don't feel connected
5. They don't like the teaching
6. The kids don't enjoy it
7. They already do a lot of church type stuff
8. They are too busy
9. They aren't fans of organized religion
10. They just don't feel weekly attendance is necessary
In response please consider:
1. God dictates the music. If it were up to us to chose, we'd never agree or please everyone, and what's not to like about any song in reverence to God or for the encouragement of a brother?
2. We are there for our Lord & Savior, and for edification, not to find our comfort zone. If it seems old school, remember, it was laid out about 2000 years ago.
3. If you have the day set aside for God, anything else that interferes should be what is inconvenient.
4. You only feel connected when you make an effort to connect.
5. If the teaching offends you, congratulations, you understand the reason you need to be there. God is the same yesterday, today and forever. If you don't like it now, are you going to change your mind when you consider eternity?
6. The kids don't enjoy it because they haven't been taught the proper respect and reasons for being there, among others. Worship's purpose is not for entertainment, although it is frequently made that way.
7. Working outside of worship doesn't excuse us from the command to worship.
8. If we are too busy, we better slow down and look at the bigger picture. Our priorities are out of position.
9. Unfortunately (with regards to the people who answered this), God organized it. Take it up with Him.
10. Feelings get us in trouble. What we feel should not trump what we know. We had better get it right, God only gives us one life.